You’ve been wanting to give a TEDx Talk.
But don’t give just any TEDx Talk:
- You have an idea, but you wonder if it’s good enough. Or maybe you have too many ideas—which should you pursue?
- Next, how do you transform your idea into a speech, when you haven’t written anything longer than an email since you got your last degree?
- How do you capture the attention of the people running TEDx events around the world? How do you elevate your idea so it stands out above hundreds, or even thousands, of others?
- How do you stand on that stage, on that iconic red circle, certain that you belong there—that you have something unique to offer the world?
We know. We’ve been there.
We’re award-winning speechwriter and strategic messaging consultant Elaine Bennett, and Marie Incontrera, expert TEDx booker. We’ve both stood on TEDx stages, and we know how nerve-wracking it can be.
Most speakers experience challenges getting to the TEDx stage. If you were doing it on your own, would you push through the challenges, or would you fold?
Get the support you need.
TEDxCellence™— designed for your success
In live group webinars and private coaching, Marie and Elaine will lead you through doubt and confusion into the sunshine of self-confidence and clarity.
During the first nine weeks:
- Discover how to make sure your idea is uniquely yours.
- Uncover the secrets of storytelling that work especially well on the TEDx stage—and those that don’t.
- Create pitch materials that will get you noticed—and avoid the mistakes guaranteed to land you in the “Reject” pile.
- Craft a 90-second video describing the core of your idea—something every TEDx booker requires.
- Get private coaching from Elaine (week 4) and Marie (week 7) to address particular challenges you may be facing. And we’ll have a group Q&A session as well, so you can learn from each other.
On week 10, join your fellow participants in delivering your talks on our own virtual stage—so you can apply to TEDx events with an extra boost of confidence. If you’ve done it once, you can do it again!
We’ll send you a video of your presentation and even edit in any slides, if you use visuals.
Elaine Bennett has been writing speeches for senior leaders of Fortune 100 companies for over 25 years, but it took her until 2019 to give her own TEDx Talk.
Somehow it always slipped to the bottom of the To Do list. She told herself it was because she was busy, not because she was afraid. Then she noticed that new networking contacts stopped asking, “Have you given a TEDx Talk?” and started asking, “What’s your TEDx Talk about?” Oops.
So she took a deep breath, made a pitch video, and became the first speaker at the inaugural TEDxBayRidgeWomen event. Her talk was almost immediately picked up by TED.com.
Marie Incontrera gave her second TEDx Talk just two weeks after her first—each of them completely different.
This is not something we would normally recommend, but Marie used to be a roller derby skater so she has a different way of calibrating fear than most mortals. Plus, she’d already stood on the stage at Carnegie Hall leading her jazz band. What’s a little black stage with a red circle compared to that?
Besides, she’d been booking her clients on TEDx stages around the world. She thought it was important that she knew firsthand what she was getting them into.
Although she makes no guarantees, in her four years of booking clients (as of May 2020), Marie has landed every single one on a TEDx stage. Some of them have even been accepted for more than one TEDx Talk—but definitely more than two weeks apart.
Questions? We’ve got answers.
Why TEDxCellence™? And why TEDx?
What’s the schedule?
TEDxCellence meets every Wednesday at 5:30 pm Eastern beginning on June 17th. We’ll meet via Zoom for about 90 minutes. We’ll skip class on July 1st (for the Independence Day holiday in the U.S.). And our final class, Week 10, will be on Saturday August 29th—a longer call, to accommodate all of your talks. We’ll also provide feedback on your talks—during the session if time permits or privately in writing.
Have another question?
Fill out Marie’s contact form and we’ll get right back to you.
Consultants charge anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 to create a TEDx Talk—even more for the TED mainstage. And if that’s the route you’d like to go, we’d be happy to take you on as a private client.
But there’s something special about working toward a milestone as part of a group, and that’s why we created TEDxCellence™. The first live group webinar happens on June 17th at 5:30 pm Eastern.